Out of stock
Estimated lead time: 12-16 Weeks ARO
The Orion BMS Jr 2 is the latest release from Orion from their base model focused on the 48 Vdc energy storage market. With the same feature sets as the larger Orion BMS O2 (over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current, over-temperature, under-temperature protection, passive cell balancing) but at a significantly reduced price, this is the perfect battery management system for your 48 Vdc application.
Included in the Orion BMS Jr. 02 (CAN) kit:
- Main Controller
- Input/Output Harness
- Current Sensor
- 16 Cell Tap Harness
- 3 Thermistors
Introducing the new 02 version of the Orion BMS JR!
- Significantly improved cell voltage measurement accuracy and resolution
- Expanded diagnostic capabilities
- Current sensor is now a Hall Effect style which provides superior accuracy and ease of installation.
- Supports from 1 to 16 cells in series
- Designed for Lithium Ion battery packs up to 48V nominal (60V max)
- Centralized design provides high EMI and noise immunity.
- Performs intelligent cell balancing (passive).
- Calculates state of charge (SOC).
- Calculates discharge current limit (DCL) and charge current limit (CCL).
- Can measure cell voltages between 0.5v and 5.0v.
- Optional CANBUS 2.0B interface (fully programmable)
Supports from 1 to 16 cells in series
Designed for Lithium Ion battery packs up to 48V nominal (60V max)
Calculates state of charge (SOC).
Calculates discharge current limit (DCL) and charge current limit (CCL).
Optional CANBUS 2.0B interface (fully programmable).
OBD2 diagnostic protocol support.
VIEW SPECIFICATIONS SHEET
VIEW WIRING AND INSTALLATION MANUAL
Troubleshooting Manual (HTML)
BMS Jr. Software Utility Manual (HTML)
Click here for a brief on the new version of the Orion BMS JR 02.
The Orion BMS also has some very useful add on accesories that can save you time and money while programming or in the field:
•SOC Display with Data Logging -- Connects to the BMS via CAN providing parameters to a memory card at a user designated frequency from 100mS to 10 seconds
•Cell Wiring Validator -- Checks the cell tap wiring harnesses to ensure they are wired properly before pluggin them into the system.
•Thermistor Expansion Module -- Allows up to 80 additional thermistors to the system via CAN. If needed, up to 10 Thermistor Expansion Modules can be used together allowing up to 800 thermistors to be used in a system.
•Orion BMS Connect -- An internet based remote monitoring system that allows the user to monitor battery packs via PC/MAC, smartphone, or tablet. It provides instant data, charts of recent history, and diagnostic information including recent events, fault codes, and freeze frame data all on a webpage!
•RS-232 USB Adapter -- Allows connection between the BMS to a computer.