The DLS-240-55 Power Converter/Battery Charger from IOTA Engineering converts nominal 216-264 AC voltage to 13.4 DC voltage for both DC load operation and 12V battery charging.
As a power supply, the unit's tightly controlled regulation allows the user to operate a nominal 12VDC load up to 55 amps.
As a battery charger, the unit will maintain the battery, delivering its full-rated current when the battery capacity falls sufficiently low. The voltage is set to deliver its maximum current for the necessary period of time to minimize undue stress to the battery caused by heating of its cells. This helps to ensure the longest possible life of the battery. Over time, as the battery nears its full capacity, the DLS-240-55 will automatically drop the current, providing a float-charge to the battery to prevent self-discharge of the cells. Using state-of-the-art, switch-mode technology, IOTA Power Converter/Battery Chargers are engineered with the user and variable environmental conditions in mind. Extra care has been given to insure many years of service-free operation, even when subjected to extremely harsh conditions. DLS multi-stage chargers ensure that deep cycle batteries are charged quickly and efficiently without over-charging, and pumps, motors, and fans operate perfectly for prolonged life.
VIEW SPECIFICATIONS SHEET
IOTA IQ Smart Charge Controllers enhance performance of your IOTA DLS Battery Charger to accommodate the unique demands of your battery application, providing automatic charge control for faster overall charging and better maintenance for optimal battery life!
- IQ4: Great for Storing Your Flooded Lead-Acid Batteries - Delivers 4 basic charging functions: BULK, ABSORPTION, FLOAT, and a seven-day MAINTENANCE cycle. The IQ4 is an excellent way to maintain your stored flooded lead acid batteries, such as in an RV that is parked for extended periods of time. 54V and Parallel Charging options also available.
- IQ-TURBO: Rapid Charging for Continually-Cycled Batteries - Delivers a powerful yet controlled BULK charge to help charge batteries in minimal time. Perfect for batteries that are used frequently but have limited time for re-chargoing from a generator, solar panel system, or other auxiliary supply.
- IQ-EQUALIZER: On-Demand Bulk Charging - A useful charge control tool that initiates a constant current BULK charge to your flooded lead acid battery, ensuring that all cells receive an adequate, complete charge in an abbreviated timespan. After a predetermined period, the IQ-Equalizer drops into a trickle charge until re-inserted for additional equalization.
- IQ-LIFEPO: for Lithium-Iron Batteries with BMS - Tailored for use with today’s state-of-the-art LiFePO4 batteries that use a Battery Management System. The IQ-LIFEPO allows the DLS to deliver proper voltage to charge the larger 4-cell design of the battery and remains in a stand-by trickle mode ready to deliver a fresh BULK charge when needed.
- IQ-GEL: Confident Charging for Gel batteries - Features an extended BULK stage but with a slightly decreased voltage that is just right for Gel lead-acid batteries. After a period of seven days, the IQ-GEL will initiate the standard Maintenance cycle to ensure the battery remains in peak charged status.
- IQ-AGM: Tailored Absorption Charging for AGM batteries - Provides preferred charging for AGM (Absorbed Glass Matt) batteries by skipping the Bulk cycle and holding the battery at an optimized ABSORPTION stage before reverting to the FLOAT stage.
- IQ-40-HOUR: Extended Bulk Charging for Larger Systems - For lead-acid battery banks with increased Amp-Hour ratings, the IQ-40-Hour delivers an extended Bulk charge duration to service the larger capacity before reverting to standard ABSORPTION, FLOAT, and MAINTENANCE modes.