The Orion BMS 2 Includes:
•BMS Main Input/Output Wiring Harness
•Cell Tap Harness
This second generation of the Orion BMS improves on many aspects of the original, delivering significantly more functionality and capabilities while reducing size and weight. Orion Battery Management Systems from Ewert Energy Systems are robust, full featured BMSs that are specifically designed to handle the rigors of on road and off road automotive use. They provide both digital and analog outputs to control chargers, motor controllers, and other external devices like cooling fans or heaters. Orion BMSs are field programmable with two CAN interfaces and OBD-II support for retrieving datalogs, trouble codes, or snapshots as faults occur in the field with OBD-II scan tools.
Highlights of New Features of the New Orion BMS are:
1. Significantly smaller size for 24 cell to 72 cell models due to a new enclosure size that was introduced.
2. Roughly 40% lower weight on all models due to the new enclosure design and streamlined heatsink. Additionally, the heatsink is now removable (minimum heat dissipation requirements still apply).
3. Direct hardware support for several popular charging protocols including SAE J1772 (directly interfacing with the pilot/ proximity lines)
4. Significant algorithm and software improvements to improve overall system accuracy for parameters such as State of Charge and pack health.
5. Wider input power voltage range (now 12v-24vDC compatible) for better support on heavy vehicles and equipment. The Orion 02 remains fully compatible with 12v applications.
The Orion BMS protects and monitors almost all Li-Ion battery packs for both Electric and Hybrid vehicles by providing:
•Current and Voltage Protection
•Smart Cell Balancing and State of Charge via Coulomb Counting
•Internal Resistance Data Advance
•Isolation Fault Detection
The Orion BMS also has some very useful add on accessories that can save you time and money while programming or in the field:
•SOC Display with Data Logging -- Connects to the BMS via CAN providing parameters to a memory card at a user designated frequency from 100mS to 10 seconds
•Cell Wiring Validator -- Checks the cell tap wiring harnesses to ensure they are wired properly before pluggin them into the system.
•Thermistor Expansion Module -- Allows up to 80 additional thermistors to the system via CAN. If needed, up to 10 Thermistor Expansion Modules can be used together allowing up to 800 thermistors to be used in a system.
•Orion BMS Connect -- An internet based remote monitoring system that allows the user to monitor battery packs via PC/MAC, smartphone, or tablet. It provides instant data, charts of recent history, and diagnostic information including recent events, fault codes, and freeze frame data all on a webpage!
Quick Start Guide
Wiring and Installation Manual
Orion to Orion 2 Migration
24-72 Cell Manufacturing Drawing
84-108 Cell Manufacturing Drawing
120-180 Cell Manufacturing Drawing
WHAT'S NEW WITH THE ORION 2
ORION TO ORION 2 MIGRATION